Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I have Social Anxiety Disorder & just recently figured it out, I need advice from people who have experience?

I also have bi-polar %26amp; depression


but this one's cost me the most damage


I used to isolate myself %26amp; my friends noticed a change in me but I thought it was cause I had mental disorders, but know I think it's cause I acted so strange since I forgot how to socialize with people. I lost alot of friends %26amp; want my old life back but other than medicines %26amp; theraphy what else could I do to help overcome %26amp; live with my disorder without it interfereing %26amp; getting my life back.?I have Social Anxiety Disorder %26amp; just recently figured it out, I need advice from people who have experience?
It's different for everyone, and those with extreme cases of social anxiety disorder may find they require formal treatment, but for me, I employ the simple ';fake it until you make it'; approach. What I mean is that when I see myself withdrawing from social situations and finding comfort in isolation, I make my self go out and pretend that it feels fine.





Eventually, it is fine. The worse thing for me is to let myself give in to the temptation of too much alone time.





Good luck!I have Social Anxiety Disorder %26amp; just recently figured it out, I need advice from people who have experience?
Everyone is a little different on that. I helped my difficulty by finding my own way, after I tried several therapists and prescription drugs. The therapists did help me in the right direction, however. But they indeed can only do so much. And drugs were not for me, because I like a clear head. I know they say that Zoloft and others have few side affects, but they were still ones I couldn't live with.





I developed for myself a way of ';facing fear'; and dealing with the overwhelming feeling I got when around people. Through research I found that the brain learns things associatively, and when I was around people my mind told my nervous system to perk up and my heart rate to go extreme. It thought it was being ';attacked';, through memory association of past experiences. And I found out that the only way to alter this instinctive programming was to reprogram it while the biological was in ';attack mode';. So to quickly narrow this down (and I hope you get the idea), I went for swims in the ocean by the beach, amongst other things. Slowly reprogramming my fear by facing it in other ways.
This is a great program/product which helped me basically CURE myself of anxiety and stop it for good, check it out below:





http://tinyurl.com/qc6wg8





I highly recommend it, good luck.
  • facebooks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment