Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I used the patch and quit smoking two days ago - Need advice from people who used the patch to quit?

I am on the patch and have not smoked in two days. So far I'm doing okay, just a few really strong urges that I have managed to suffer through. I quit last year for 6 months but ended up starting up again. This time I'm determined to quit for good! My question is what do I do when I run out of patches? Will I be able to stay quit? I was able to go cold turkey last time but this time I need the patch because I couldn't do cold turkey again, too stressful. Any advice from people who quit with the patch would be appreciated. I need some encouragement please!!I used the patch and quit smoking two days ago - Need advice from people who used the patch to quit?
Remember, it is your choice to smoke, no one is forcing you to light up. It is totally the drug addiction you are subject to that is driving your desire for that cigarette. By choosing NOT to smoke at each urge you have, you help effect behavior change on your part. And if you do light up, do not consider that a relapse consider it a ';momentary lapse in better judgment'; and start over again as if it did not happen. I found it helpful to avoid situations where I would usually have a cigarette. So I changed my routine, for example, I had coffee in the morning, the newspaper and usually I had a cigarette with it. I stopped drinking coffee under the same circumstances, I still had the coffee, but not sitting at the breakfast nook. I became a real pain in the a$$ to those around me who were smoking around me-that all stopped. NO CIGARETTES IN THE HOUSE, OR AROUND ME, PERIOD. I started running in the morning, it was about a 2 mile round trip to the coffee shop, so I started walking first, got some coffee, then walked back In a few weeks I could run over there and run back-the human body never fails to amaze me with its repairative and recuperative properties. Make your own custom routine, THIS IS SERIOUS, no relationship, no friendship, no activity, no job, nothing is more important than stopping smoking. When you look at it that way, you will succeed. If I can do it, anyone can, and I have no doubt that you can-make it happen, do not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment