Saturday, July 31, 2010

Business People Need Advice?

I am currently in school studying business/business management. I would like to know if anyone knew how much they make,what they do with their degree and do they enjoy it?





My next question is for business owners.


When it came to starting your own business,how did you come up with the need of your store,was it a struggle, is your company growing, how did you advertise,and how much are you making a year?


Thank you in advance.Business People Need Advice?
Business owner response:


I own 4 hair salons, so as to filling a need, people always need a haircut.


It is always a struggle. Banks cut the loans out in the middle of construction of number 3 (were never late on payments), and number 4 we did cash in hand, with credit cards. Had 2 employees quit before they even started. Stuff breaks, govt wants money for ';inspections'; (they look around for 5 sec, then want a grand in fees, etc.)


We are growing. Opened a new store in August. 2 stores open for one year are flat, store open for 6 years is down about 5% from its peak. I am looking to do 1 or 2 more in the next year.


Advertise in direct mailers (junk mail). Have also taken to using news notes on the front of newspapers. Get a good response with those. (the little sticky adverts on your daily paper). Tried door to door fliers, but did not come off well.


I make $300 a week. Considering how much I've invested in cash and time, I would have been better off stuffing money in a matress. However, like most things, times will improve, and then we will be in a good position.Business People Need Advice?
Here are three companies that I have referred my clients and actually used myself. You only have to pay a fee if you get funded.





http://www.borregospringsbank.com/sba_express.asp


http://www.superiorfg.com/main/Default2.aspx


http://www.innovativebank.com/site/soho.html

No comments:

Post a Comment