Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hi People :) ! Can you give me some advice on Catfish are they dangerous as pets ? etc Thanks :)XX?

Thanks for any input !Hi People :) ! Can you give me some advice on Catfish are they dangerous as pets ? etc Thanks :)XX?
Hi, there are loads of different types of catfish and none of them are dangerous as far as i know.


Pimelodus Pimpictus are beautiful fish, nicest catfish ever, however they are poisonous. They won't do you any harm though, if they sting you it's just like a bee sting. They are silver with black spots and huge whiskers. Really pretty fish.


Corydoras are good to have as are Thai Glass Cats, Synodontis, Banjo Cats, Striped or Spotted Talking Cats (they make a noise like a dolphin when out of water) and Pangassius Cats are gorgeous but they have to be in a tank with a strong flowing filter as they live in fast flowing rivers naturally and like to swim against a current.


Most catfish get really big so make sure you have a big enough tank for whatever you decide to get.Hi People :) ! Can you give me some advice on Catfish are they dangerous as pets ? etc Thanks :)XX?
Hiya,





Catfish come in many shapes and sizes! There are armoured catfish as corydoras and plecos, and regular catfish etc.





Corydoras are very easy to care for and not dangerous at all. Most plecos are easy to care for however the common pleco gets far too big for most aquariums so go for something small, most pleco species are cheap buy some can reach 拢50 - 拢250!! Catfish such as the red tailed cat get very big, (3`+) and most need special care.





Hope you have a good aquarium for what you chose and care for it well!





Deren
That depends, do you mean catfish like caught in a lake? Or a certain breed of the catfish family? Catfish that come from a lake are said to eat almost anything, and that they might even bite at fingers. Even the common goldfish is considered a part of the catfish family. As for different breeds of tank dwelling catfish some be harmful to ingest, so I'd do your research before- hand if you have children that might want to play with the fishy. I've owned quite a few different kinds of catfish and I'm currently caring for Pangasiidae breed of catfish, also known as Iridescent Sharks, for the last couple of years. They're my favorite type of tank fish :)
I got a catfish about 2 years ago. Sorry, but I forgot what the name was. @ the petstore it said that they were peaceful communtity fish. unfortunalty soon after I got it it ate almost every fish in my tank in 1 night. Before you get a catfish do some research. I would recommend cory cats though they don't get large and do a good job of cleaning your tank.
Well it depends on what kind you are looking for. I haven't had any but Corydoras and they are a blast to have. They are more enjoyed when in a larger group. I have 4 with my betta in a 5 gallon tank adn they get along well.


Sorry I don't know much!


Hope this helps!


Good Luck!
I recommend cory catfish, not sure about normal catfish though.

No comments:

Post a Comment