Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why does it seem that some people would rather whine about the advice they are given...?

...than actually follow it?





If you have a goldfish in a bowl, or if you have multiple goldfish in a ten-gallon tank, and several people tell you this isn't healthy - why would you rather pick a fight about it? Why not just do the research and see that what these people are telling you is indeed the truth?





Same goes for other fish. If those of us who know what we're talking about (look at our previous answers to see that, yes, we do!) recommend you change something, why are you so quick to attack instead of actually following the recommendations? Yes, we may not always be very nice about it, but face it - if we're somewhat sharp about our answer, you're more likely to at least acknowledge it. So if you're willing to acknowledge it, why not at least try to listen?





This isn't meant for everyone - just the stubborn people who'd rather whine than listen.Why does it seem that some people would rather whine about the advice they are given...?
....I'd listen. Obviously they know more about it than me and I don't want to kill my fish with my ignorance!!Why does it seem that some people would rather whine about the advice they are given...?
Life's a beach...
People only listen if you tell them what they want to hear. They don't want advice they want validation and if you don't give it then they will complain.
When the advice is sought, there is no guarantee that it will be followed. If it is unsolicited, then it can be ignored... or complained about. Let the whiners whine for as long as it is all about unsolicited advices. But should it come to those that that whiner really sought, a shove-off would be the best follow-up.





Following advices is, after all, a judgment call.
I have learnt a lot on here and i have given points but if i have not said thank you to anyone i am sorry.
Because most times when people do this, they know that something (or something they are doing) is wrong, but then get defensive about it when other people have different ideas. You know those kinds of people - they are the ones that always think they are right.


I know a few myself!
Because some people can't handle the truth
I guess it's because it's easier to whine than to follow instructions or look up something or do something they don't want to do. It puts the problem back on you, not them, in their minds.
I love to listen to answers the most when I know they are more lost than me. COMMON SENSE is a lost art form thank GOD I have C. S. hahahahaha !!!!
I know what you mean. It seems like they just want to complain. some people need or crave more attention than others. These are the types that probably would snivel to your face even it meant the lose of their fish. Also there are people on here that can't seem to have a knowledgeable answer so they just are insulting or points or just to be 'heard'. It makes it difficult to wade through the useless stuff to get to the intelligent answers sometimes. Rude gets rude and stupid gets attention and intelligent gets more questions. Go figure out how people work in their own little minds. Very strange.
They're all bastards! lol





I'm not sure as I'm usually on the side of being ignored for my time (of trying to help). Granted lately I've become more of a ***** because I'm getting tired of typing the same thing over and over again.





Maybe they think we're just trying to help the aquarium industry by getting them to upgrade their tank (which reminds me, I really need to get a bigger one for my goldies...*sigh*) or buy (lord forbid) chemicals to treat and/or check the water.





Maybe by our telling them to get their *** in gear and actually research something reminds them too much of the school that they're still in and therefore automatically despise us for suggesting such an awful thing.





We may come off as to hoity-toity by saying things like ';ammonia'; or ';PH'; or ';filtration';. We actually know what we're talking about which intimidates them and it is also different from what they've been ';told'; for so many years. I.E. Goldfish bowl *shudders*.





These are sad sad people and I pity them. I also wish they would take their fish back to the store they bought them at and invest in a nice chia pet!
I have experienced what you are talking about. I hang out at a LFS and some people who come there to ask questions are really weird.





Some people ask the question in such a way that they are telling you what they are doing and not really asking a question. They make out like they know EVERYTHING and when someone says something to them they brush them off as this other person is talking nonsense.





Some of them come back to the LFS later to ask again for advice and follow it while many (if not most stubborn customers) carry on loosing fish and messing up.





Sometimes the LFS is at fault as well, I got a bag full of bottom feeder algae tablets from someone who wanted stuff to remove the algae in his tank - the LFS had sold him algae tablets by mistake.
because some people who are posting questions here do not need help but rather want justification for their actions. these people only want to have their belief ratified so if some people will tell them (however nicely put) that they have been wrong then they will get angry for they did not get want they really want after all - an approving audience complete with an ear splitting applause.
i agree with you but i have an even better question,


why do people answer questions and they have no idea


what they are talking about, ive seen people advise


others to do things that would kill their pets (dogs, cats


fish, etc) i mean some really dumb stuff! if you dont


know the answer and havent run into the problem before


then dont give someone bad advice,a life may depend on


it
What was the question again? =)





Anyways I listened to some advice once that a doctor gave me and started eating apples. It gave me a stomach ache though eating them everyday.





So the moral is, don't listen to anybody except me. =)
Most people already have the answer in their mind that they expect (because of their own knowledge, or lack thereof) or want (because it will be easy to do) so when they find out that the solution to their problem will entail a certain amount of work on their part, they will try to discount the correct answer in favor of what they want to hear.





I am most pleased when someone who I've answered a question for puts a small note at the bottom of the question thanking me for helping them. That makes it worthwhile for me.





As far as being kind of sharp or mean with some answers, we knowledgeable answerers know that one google search on your topic by you would have turned up tons of info that would help instead of the questioner having to sort through all the morons who think that a funny answer is the way to go to find a good answer.
I always take the advice good and bad, that is offered to me, in consideration. If you're willing to ask a question, you should at least respect the answers you are given, even if you choose to ignore it. Picking a fight over the internet with people you are never going to encounter again is a waste of time, and just makes you look bad.
its normal all girls are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment