Thursday, July 29, 2010

How to politely tell people I dont want their morning sickness advice!?

I have hypermesis whihc is a severe form of vomiting ALL the time and im so sick of people saying drink ginger ale or eat crackers............that doesnt work it is not normal morning sickness how can I tell people without being rudeHow to politely tell people I dont want their morning sickness advice!?
That sounds awful! I'm sorry to hear it.





I have an issue myself for which everyone gives me advice--always the same advice, always the wrong advice. I just tell them, honestly, thanks for your concern, but I get that same advice all the time, and it's the wrong thing to do. I smile when I say this and I don't get angry, though sometimes I feel a little angry. Then I say 'Let's talk about something else.'How to politely tell people I dont want their morning sickness advice!?
Then just don't let them know about your condition.


If thee y say something it's because they somehow noticed.


If you don't complain about it they won't have to give you their opinion.


They also don't want to hear that you have morning sickness, so trying to give you a solution is way of telling you they don't want to hear anymore about it
my step mum just recently gave birth and her morning sickness was terrible so it made her very moody, there is'nt really a polite way to tell people to pratically get lost but just tell them that you already know what they are saying and just ask them a question about it afterwoods so not to sound too rude, even if the question isn't very relevent especially if its your mother or mother in - law you are trying to get rid of hehe x
You can't, really. Just smile and nod, and say that doesn't help in your case.





Yes, it gets old, but you can't really stop them. Just don't ever go out of your way to mention or discuss it with them; that suggests you WANT to discuss it.





If it's the same people bugging you about it, maybe give them some reading material on your condition.
Don't block love____, there will be a day that you will want it. Simply tell them 'thank you'.... that you've tried everything, what's one more thing.' Smile and talk about something else. It would be rude to cut someone off when they're just trying to be nice. It's not their fault your ill__. Be nice.
Be careful whom you complain to about your illness. :)





When someone offers unsolicited advice anyway, just smile and say something vague like, ';Yeah, everybody has their own remedies.';
Just vomit quietly and they will not even know you are sick.Unfortunately someone told them that you are suffering with this.Blame that person for them caring enough to give advice....
If you tell me one more time! what to do with my sickness I will vomit all over your desk, and then do it if they keep on telling you.
Just as you stated ';Politely';!!
tell them it's a different form of morning sickness and those remedies don't work
*smile* Interupt them, and say, '; Thanks, but I'm handling it';.
Thank you. I appreciate the advice but it won't work for me. I've tried it.
When people ask if it's your first child, say that you have 5 at home. That will make them shut-up.
Just tell them what it is...
Tell them what you have.
how do they know if you're not telling them about the vomiting?
throw up on them

No comments:

Post a Comment