Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm so confused...and so sad..help? i need advice from people that are older and wiser?

I'm 16, and i found out that my bf broke up with me because he didnt see the reason in waiting for sex before marriage anymore and didnt' want to put me in a bad situation if he couldn't control his urges(he strongly believed in abstinence when we first started dating) and now he's dating his ex and he recently found out that she's ok with having sex before marriage and i'm so hurt because now he'll always remember her...now i'm so confused on my own beliefs and values. but i kno i'm not ready for sex..mostly the emotional aspect. and i'm just overwhelmed with sadness because sex brings people closer together..and now him and his gf will probably last a lonng time now if they do it...





any advice please?I'm so confused...and so sad..help? i need advice from people that are older and wiser?
Hello;





First I want to give you a big hurrah for not having sex with the boy -- you stuck to your guns and that took some real strength.





Now lets take a look at the problems you are facing ...





You shouldn't worry about how the boy will remember you. If you were kind to him and you had good times together -- he will remember you fondly (I still remember my 4th grade sweetheart -- she had the most wonderful strawberry blonde hair). consider that he is just one boy in a line of boys who will find you interesting and become your friends -- at 16 you are just beginning to be attractive.





You are confused about your beliefs and values -- my guess is that those beliefs and values are changing. In two or three years you will look back and say '; ... I was a child then ... I had childish ideas ... I am older now and I have a more mature understanding my ideas have changed ...'; The important thing at this time of your life is to make sure the people in your life are helping you to mature in a positive way (sounds like your family has done a good job so far).





The technical term for all this confusion and angst is ';Growing Up';.





For right now you seem to have your head on pretty straight in that you understand that you are not ready for sex.





I do want to explain a couple of things about sex that you need to know.





Men and women experience sex differently. It is not the same for a woman as it is for a man. Sex does not always bring people closer together. In fact the emotional strain of sex can destroy a relationship. Men may remember their first sex partner -- but often they don't really like them.





Best of luck,





BillI'm so confused...and so sad..help? i need advice from people that are older and wiser?
Stay strong in your beliefs! You can and will do it! Pray to God for guidance! He will help you stay strong in waiting, because I am telling you from experience, it will usually turn sour at such an early age. It is better to find a guy who can and will and wants to control his urges, because the guy can do it if he so chooses, and so can you :) Good job, I am sure God is very pleased to know you stood strong and did the right thing! Way to go!!! Find a guy who you like for who he is including his respect on marriage :) He is out there and good wishes! :)
Whose body is it any way?


It's yours, and you have the right to decide for yourself when you'll initiate sex or carry it through.


Values and beliefs may give you a reason for saying no, but the most important reason is that your body is your own.


If you don't feel ready for this sort of thing, put it off.


Put it off for as long as you feel uncomfortable.
Although I agree with religious conservatives who want to challenge the youth to delay sexual activity for a while, I totally disagree with their message that a condom is a provision for sin. I send my Christian friends to the website below which debunks the whole thing against premarital sex in the Bible. That way they have no excuse not to support comprehensive sex education.
Don't worry about him and stick to your beliefs, you have a long road ahead of you and alot of life to live and some day you will fine someone who believes the same way you do

No comments:

Post a Comment