Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some other people's advice as well please?

I have a very suicidal friend who is strongly considering suicide. I have already tried to talk him through everything and said everything I can think of already. I have just recently lost a friend to suicide and do not want to lose this one too. Is there anything I can do at all to change a person's mind that has already been made up. Is there a way to commit him to a clinic even if he is already 18. Does anyone know what I can do to keep from losing this one?I need some other people's advice as well please?
if he's a danger to himself he can be committed to a clinic for a certain amount of hours against his will. tell this person's parents, friends, everyone! talk to the friend straight out (i'm sure you have.. but be sure not to skirt the issue. you can't make the situation worse and it won't drive him to kill himself any more than he wants to already). do everything you can. make SURE he gets help. don't worry about losing his friendship.I need some other people's advice as well please?
Have you talked to this friends parents and family? Even though your friend is 18 his family can have him committed This is to much for you to be handling on your own, ask family for help, if you cant talk to him parents maybe your parents can.
call the police and say that he has made threats of harming himself. Lie if you must, but do whatever it takes for them to consider him a threat to himself.
first thing you should do is to talk to his parents.if you are still in school talk to a counselor for help and you could call the suicide prevention.don't waste time you should do all of this now

No comments:

Post a Comment