Saturday, July 31, 2010

People living in Bangkok, I need advice?

I will be here in Bangkok for 2 years, I dont work and I am looking for things to do that will help me in the future. I am currently taking chinese but that's only twice a week. I want to keep me busy, like sewing classes, cooking classes (not the ones from hotel, those are so expensive) or something else.





I have been looking for things online but so far I have found information for tourism only. Please advise me.People living in Bangkok, I need advice?
Look like you want to learn something that most women and housewives want to do, cooking, flower decoration, fruit handicraft, etc.





It won't be expensive if you apply these courses at the public college, such as Suan Dusit Teacher college (understand that it's now part of Rachaphat University). Its location is close to Anantasamkom Thorn Hall, close to St. Gabriel College. it's between the two bridges across Chao Phya River (Rama 8 and Thonburi or San Hi bridge). You can check the map.





The charge will be reasonable and you won't have problem with language or communication. Besides, there're tons of interesting courses to make you busy during your stay.





There're so many interesting courses you can attend at public colleges and universities, it's not expensive. Silapacheep Center in Ayudhya is one of them but it's 60 km from Bkk and might not be convenient for you. The center initiated by HM the Queen and now under the Queen's patronage has established so that Thai ladies have chance to learn and practices thai traditional handicrafts, sewing, etc. You can visit the center when you are in Thailand. It might attract your interests. Good luck and welcome to Thailand.People living in Bangkok, I need advice?
Yes...... The course offers a unique location in this relatively tourist free part of Thailand. So, what could be better! Meeting your Thai lady in our special part of Thailand and enjoying the tranquil surrounds of Ubolrat. Combine that with a leisurely round of golf!! We extend to you an invitation to experience the Kingdom of Thailand but also to see what a treasure trove of culture abounds within this special area!
I don't live in Bangkok but have traveled to Thailand and Bangkok for business and tourism more than once a year. My last trip was in Dec 06 and will be going again later this month.





My advice is first to learn to speak Thai. Unless you want to move only within the English speaking expatriate community.
goto www.progress-education.com or call 027113311 *1,2


They'v got thaicooking class for 22 menu for 3500 B.
I am assuming you are female and if that is the case you may want to join one of the many expat women's groups in Bangkok, they are based on nationality for example there is a British Woman's Group, an American one an Australian and New Zealand one, a German and so on.


If you don't want to do this there are many church based groups, failing this why not donate some of your time to charity work with underprivilaged children, people with HIV/AIDS or even a dog rescue charity.
Go learn Thai cooking.....they got the best cuisine in the world I think.....and try learning Thai instead of Chinese, you pick it up faster there.
get a boy friend.
Just curious, how do you expect to live in BKK, if you don't work. Also, what type of visa are you applying to get. A visa is required for any stays over 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment