Thursday, August 19, 2010

40 weeks 4 days pregnant need advice of people who have had babys before ?

iya i went to the hospital on thursday and they said my baby is to small (heart rate realy goot tho and my bp really good) they said i was meashuring at 34cm at first then 31cm but for the past two week at the doctors when i have been to see the midwife i have bin 36cm and it has worked up to that gradually so i no they can not have got it rong i just dont get it because my belly can not have shrunk, anyway after they meshured me they booked me in to be induced tomorrow (sunday) at 8am and i am wiried something is going to go rong, also my baby is moving about alot (more than the 10 kicks a day) has anyone else been in the same situation as me if so please tell me how your experiances where thanx40 weeks 4 days pregnant need advice of people who have had babys before ?
The doctors can sometimes get it wrong, they only estimate, they told me my son was going to weight 11lbs and at that point I began to worry about the delivery (11LBS!!!!!) but I needn't of worried my little man and I mean little man weighed in at 6lbs 12 ozs. The fact that your baby is very active is a good sign its when you need a kick chart to monitor the baby's movement its not so great. Good luck with your delivery and god bless you and the little one.40 weeks 4 days pregnant need advice of people who have had babys before ?
No you will be fine I was induced into labor at 39 weeks and 4 days because my baby was to big for me to deliver is what they though he was 9 pounds 2 ounces at birth. But being induced is fine you have nothing to worry about so stop stressing out hun you will be fine. Good luck tomorrow :)
Well I haven't had my baby yet, but its normal to feel more than 10 kicks a day...you should be feeling no less that 10 kicks in a 2 hour period. You may just have a small baby..I'm sure everything will be fine.
Stop worrying, they will bring you in Emergency if need be. I've had 4 babies all induced after 42 weeks. they will do nothing to harm the baby.


If your baby is strongly moving then you have nothing to be worried about, and they are inducing you because you are over 40 weeks. If the baby is moving what are you worried about.?


good Luck and all will be fine. Let us know what happens.
oh hun, when you are near (in your case over) your due date, your belly drops, so that is why it measured smaller....i was induced at 34 weeks 3 days, i delivered vaginally, and my son was all lil smaller than usual, but he was completely healthy!





best of luck hun!
If the Dr's are telling you it's time for your baby to come out then it's time! Chances are you %26amp; your precious baby will be fine I had my youngest induced at 35 weeks due to pre eclampsia (extremely high Blood Pressure %26amp; associated complications) %26amp; we were fine He was 100% healthy just early Good luck
Towards the end, babies measure big and small. I measured perfect until this last month and now a little small. It depends on who measures you. I had 3 different people give me different measurements. But my baby is just fine according to the ultrasound. But GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I am only 29w4d and as far as the baby moving a lot I think that is a very good thing. U should be more worried more if the baby stop moving. So don't worry too much because if u do, that could put stress on ur baby and that wouldn't be good at all.





Ok I have to tell u that one week I measured a week ahead and the next month I measured the same week. I was wondering the same thing. But I also switched doctor's and now I have a mid-wife. So when I go back I'm going to ask the same thing. I have a small soccer ball for a tummy. And this is my 3rd baby. With my other two children I was a little bigger especially now. So I am going to say that this is a good thing that I just have my weight in my tummy. I have so far only gained 9 lbs the entire pregnancy and all the weight is the baby and my chest and thighs that's it. Good Luck to ya!!!!!!!
I'm sure you baby is fine. If it is active during the day then there is really noting to worry about. Don't worry about your belly too. The baby could have moved and is more towards your back instead of all belly which can make your tummy seem smaller. Don't worry you and the baby will be fine. There is no need to get stressed over it because you can stress the baby and that isn't good for it.
Maybe you're measuring smaller because the baby's dropped into your pelvis. That usually happens in the last few weeks of pregnancy. And they told me the baby would move less towards the end but my son never slowed down. He still hasn't 18 months later lol! They wouldn't schedule you for an induction if everything wasn't right so try not to worry about it too much. And don't be afraid to ask alot of questions if you have them. Try to relax till then cause stressing about it is never good. Enjoy your last moments of quiet! lol!





Good Luck %26amp; God Bless! CONGRATS!!!
I've been induced twice once cos of too much fluid and once cos of bleeding and both my baby's were healthy as long as the heart rate is fine you and your baby will be fine nothing to worry about fae michaelg's female friend x
Honey, don't fret! having a baby is different for everyone. There are many reasons for a baby to be smaller, reaons why your measurements can appear different, mine were all over the place too.





If they were worried you would be in and having the baby now if not days ago - not tomorrow.





If baby is kicking thats a great sign too, he or she is strong and healthy.





I promise you, your worries and concerns are exactly the same as I had with both my kids, please dont' feel you are on your own in this situation - and if you have concerns don't hesitate to talk to a professional, every single new mum feels as you do now and they won't think any the worse for you for needing their time and reassurance. You will be carefully monitored throughout too, that should help ease your concerns too.





Rest up now, hope you have a quick and easy birth, and hopr you'll add to this thread after you get home to let us know how you are! xx
Well, I didnt go that long but my baby was also deemed small when I had been measuring the right cm every week until my 37th week. I was then scheduled for an induction. My baby pretty much had just stopped growing probably because of the placenta not feeding him properly. Plus when he was born, the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice but he was fine, just small. My baby kicked way more than ten times a day also, which baffled me when he failed the non-stress test. He was 5lbs 4oz. He is a very healthy 3 month old now and quite large now, 14lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment