Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do you think it will succeed? Advice from people who got married young please.?

I am getting marry next january. I am 18 and my fiance is 19. I am going to college and he has a job in the Department of Homeland Security...we won't have money problems. We have been together for 3 years. No kids and i am not pregnant. We don't want kids until six years more or so. I want to know if think our marriage will fail because we are too young? Many people say that we are just too young. Others couples say that we will regret it(they got married young because they were pregnant). Any advice from people who got married young...or anybody with good advice.Do you think it will succeed? Advice from people who got married young please.?
You know what....I had this long drawn out answer for you but I deleted it all. So I will sum it up like this.





Marriage at ANY age is about communication, compromise and trust.





If just ONE is missing the marriage will fail at some point.





I would highly recommend that you and he sit down and talk about those three things. Talk about your expectations once you become married. Talk about your short term goals and long term goals. I think marriages fail because people get married and then say, ';Now what';?





Don't just plan a wedding....plan a life together.Do you think it will succeed? Advice from people who got married young please.?
My husband and I have been married for nearly 16 years and we married young. I was 19 and he was 22. I love my husband dearly and could not imagine life without him, but I now feel we were too young to marry. I suggest waiting until you are in your 20s...but it is a choice you will have to make on your own. You are very smart to seek out advice from others...I just hope you get the answers you are looking for. You sound like you got a pretty good head on your shoulders. :-) GL to you.
Trust yourselves and learn to overlook small differences of opinion. You'll do fine as long as you keep showing love and communicate well. Good luck.
I got married at 18, however it was all for the wrong reasons. We were married for 17 years. Reading your question and all the facts that you stated here, it sounds like you two have a good start. That's always important no matter how old you are. Probably the biggest thing you will encounter is the changes that happen as a result of getting older. You sound like a smart young lady so you're probably aware that people change-usually for the good-the older they get. Since you have such a good foundation already, might I suggest a few good books for you guys to help keep you on this great ride. ';The Five Love Languages';. This is a GREAT resource for couples. It's about learning your partners primary love language-the way in which THEY receive/perceive love the best. When you learn this about eachother and ';speak'; their language, it's easier to avoid the common marriage trap of ';doesn't he/she love me?'; Love is the basis of all good marriages, so keeping that truthful and full will serve you well. The other one is ';Love and Respect';. This book is for men and women, it's meant to read together. This is about the two things that men and women as husband and wife NEED. The last piece of advice I'd give you is to find some adult mentors who are married...people you can admire and respect and look up to when times are tough-because you will have tough times at some point. People that are older and have been married can really provide a lot of insight that young couples need. God Bless your marriage.
i have been with my man since i was 13. I turned 18 in the summer, got married in Nov and graduated high school in Feb. We have been married for 16 years now, and believe me we have had our ups and downs, but we committed to work at it from the beginning. It's not all roses, but we have made it this far and I can see myself growing old with him. He is my best friend. Marriage is 100% give from both people and if you remember that I believe you will have much success in your marriage. My parents also have been together since they were young. My mom was just about to turn 17 when she got married and she's been married for almost 35 years. And i am sure if you asked her she would tell you the same things i did. You are the only one who knows your heart. if your heart is telling you this is the one for you, then go for it. good luck.
I've been with my husby since I was 19. I don't want to say it's impossible because we have been married for close to 5 years now and have finally reached a happy medium. It was hard though. Very hard and if I didn't know God the way I do, it would have been unbearable. What makes it so hard is the growing pains. It is not ideal to get married so young because you are still growing into who you are going to be and life's challenges help mold you into who you are. When something serious happens, you find out who your mate is and things that measure up to that degree don't start occuring until you are in your 20s. Losses of jobs or parents, single friends, curiousity. These are just random things but the point is it is easy to grow apart rather than growing together. You are constantly trying to stay attached to the other person and you will meet about 3 of their personalities in the process. I hope you understand what I am saying. If not, you will. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment