Saturday, August 21, 2010

Whats the best way to deal with unwelcome advice from people?

i like to carefully select who i take seriously or who i take advice from and there is times , on here , i get advice from somebody that i don't like or cant believe what they have said, or i disagree with everything they have said and what they stand for -





and just simply ' there words were unappreciated and unwelcome '





i literally could just snap or lose it with them , because it insults me that they have failed to recognise where i am coming from or what i am about - to be honest it makes me feel quite angry - in reality i would ignore and avoid such people, not have anything to do with them , but on here , you have no option but to see there unwelcome , unwanted words on your question.





there is even times that i loathe so much what somebody has said or advised , rejected it so much , that i delete the question and ask it again to be free of their pollution on my question.





don't get me wrong , i like to ask questions and love to get advise - but i cant stand to take advise from somebody who knows nothing about me , telling me about my life as if their view has any worth or validity or importance.





without becoming enraged by someones unwelcome sugestions -





what other best ways can you respond except to ignore it ?





whats the best way to show ultimate rejection and mockery to their unwelcome suggestion or advice ?Whats the best way to deal with unwelcome advice from people?
Turn it around until it is of use to you maybe like saying well thank god they're not in my world and count yourself lucky they're not or just plain and simply that you are not as bad off as they are in fact you're doing quite well.Whats the best way to deal with unwelcome advice from people?
You can always edit your question and leave a comment on a particular answer or give them a thumbs down and block them..I think we have all had opinions we find offensive or infuriating but if an asker doesn't give full detail,it's sometimes difficult to realise the problem...............
Do be careful who ya lose ya lil' temper with





U aint got da muscle or da know-how to back it up
WELL YOU JUST NEED TO BE THE STONGER PERSON AND WALK AWAY AND BE HAPPY WITH YOUR LOT YA--yours--
Be seen and not heard: Speak when you are spoken to.
''What's the best way to deal with unwelcome advice from people?''





Well... you sure you want to hear this?
Well I'd say that the best way would be to ignore- but if you want an alternative I would probably suggest that you use sickly sweet sarcasm:





';Oh yes, thank you for your fantastic advice- you are exactly right/I'm so glad you took the time to answer oh fountain of knowledge'; type of reply.





That tells them that you don't agree with a word they are saying, but by making a joke of it, or taking it lightly, you don't place any importance on their opinion anyway. That will usually infuriate people who think their opinion matters, and usually they want to wind you up.





Sometimes though- if you are asking for an opinion/debate, you might get some varied answers and sometimes you need to be openminded too?
All advice is valid, whether good or bad. Bad advice encourages an individual to find their own way, whereas good advice stops us making silly mistakes.





It depends on why the advice is given, who from and what for. Always listen to advice that is given freely, and then follow a course which suits you, once you have weighed the pros and cons for yourself.





If however any advice is really unwanted, simply smile at the advisor and go and do something completely contrary.
I can't tell you what you should do, but I'll tell you how I view the same thing.





Some people give obviously short and snippy answers; they just want their two points. I don't give them a second thought. If that's how they want to spend their time, why should I care? No skin off my nose.





Some people give answers that really feel right to me. I give them ';Best Answer'; and thank them.





Some people try to give good answers, but their answers just don't fit me or my situation. That is because their perceptions and experiences are really different from mine. That's fine. It would be a terrible boring world if we were all the same. Sometimes it's because I didn't communicate well enough, and I can use the details to try to fix that, but it's my fault.





I realize people who tried and missed spent their very limited spare time honestly trying to help me and I really appreciate that. That was very kind of them. Further, I want to encourage them, because even if they aren't on my wavelength, they will be on someone's wavelength. What if I discouraged that person from posting, and then someone commits suicide the next day and that person could have stopped them, but I stopped that person from posting because I was mean to them?





Besides, the world needs more people who are willing to help others, not fewer. So I truly do appreciate that this person tried to help, even if they missed. I also appreciate that this is a good person to be here trying to help others, even if their experience or knowledge is very limited; with time they will have more experience and knowledge. I know that lots of questions go unanswered here and we need more people here willing to help out, not fewer. So I appreciate these folks, and I try to remember to thank them all. I also know there are some good people who will never understand me and I will never understand them, no matter how hard we both try. Everyone is different is all.





I observe, then drop it. I go on with all the other gazillion things that are important in my life -- things I need to do for myself, things I want to do to help make others' lives better, things that will help me reach my goals.





Getting upset because you didn't like someone's answer is a waste of your precious time and energy. Why not use that time and energy to do something good for yourself or for someone else? Anger is super bad for you -- it releases chemicals into your bloodstream that if you can't fight or fly, do damage to your immune system. Be nicer to yourself than that. If you can't get on top of this, take an anger management class -- it will be good for you and good for those around you. Or go jog around the block or use a punching bag. But you can read up on anger management.





Now, if you hate this answer, please don't tell me. That won't help either you or me. :o) Instead, go bake a cake for a neighbor, or clean your garage or something. There are good and poor ways for us all to use our energies. Save your real anger for real injustices, like when you see someone beating on a child or stealing a grandmother's purse.
  • facebooks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment