Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am seeking a Catholic annulment and need advice from people have been successful in getting one?

I was married in the Catholic church but I am not a catholic. My ex wife cheated on me multiple times before I decided she did understand the meaning of marriage and legally divorced her. Now I have met a beautiful, but very catholic woman (not intentional) I have dated for nearly five years, and believe she is the one. We want to marry, but she will not marry me unless we marry in the catholic church, thus I need an annulment. I need good advice and connections from people who have been through this, and what to do.I am seeking a Catholic annulment and need advice from people have been successful in getting one?
There should be someone at the church to assist you with the paperwork. I'd have your fiancee contact her parish and ask to be put in touch with that person.





You'll be asked to fill out a form detailing the reasons for your divorce. Even though its personal information, you'll want to divulge as much detail as you can. An annulment is only granted under specific criteria. (I'd presume that your former wife's repeated infidelity would make you eligible for an annulment, but that's just a guess on my part...I don't actually get to make the call.) ;)





Your documentation will be sent to the Vatican for review. Keep in mind that the process could potentially take up to a year for the review/approval process - it has to go through various channels, starting in your local parish/diocese.





But that's the first step I'd take...contacting your local church. They'd be able to give you a copy of the form and get the ball rolling for you.I am seeking a Catholic annulment and need advice from people have been successful in getting one?
This is a major issue I have with the Catholic CHurch. Do you or your girlfriend truly believe in your hearts that if you pay money and get a piece of paper, that somehow that marriage will not have taken place?? Do you think its expunges your vows from God's memory? Divorce may not be something that God wants, but I think a bigger mockery is for you and the Church to think that you can fool God and society into accepting that your marriage wasn't valid. If you had had children with your ex wife, would they then be bastards?? This just makes NO SENSE%26gt; God can forgive your divorce, but make no mistake, your girlfriend needs to accept that you WERE married. No paper will undo that.


If she will not marry you for that reason, it seems that she is going to have a problem dealing with it in the future. I wonder if she has kept every single other tenet of the church during your five years of dating.
It is hard to get a annulment


Takes 16 months


former spouse is asked to respond..


10 steps in total


Google the question (as I did) they will tell all the steps
My dad (my parents where married 13 years and had two children together) obtained a Catholic annulment on the same grounds. Cheating. I know you need to meet with the church and go through the process. The main thing needed is you must prove your wife cheated. Basically, you have to get other people (preferably from the church to back up your claims). It is really not that big of a deal. I think my dad had three ';witnesses'; write letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment