Monday, August 23, 2010

Can anyone give me advice on the best procedures when contacting people through a dating site?

I've been contacted by loads of people, but either never write back because I don't know what to write or say something stupid in a reply so they don't. Twice I've given my email address to someone and we've talked for a bit then suddenly stopped. All I want to know is are there certain ways of doing this? Does anyone have any suggestions on what things I could say when leaving a message so I won't sound stupid and ruin what must have made them interested in the first place and what happens after that? How do I keep it going? Do we just exchange emails? Do we chat on messenger and when is it okay to meet up? Any advice on this would be appreciated, especially examples or stories about when you used one of these sites and what you did. Thx.Can anyone give me advice on the best procedures when contacting people through a dating site?
When sumone gives you an answer that works... IMS MECan anyone give me advice on the best procedures when contacting people through a dating site?
They will only come away from their computer if they feel confortable with you. Be honest and not act desperate. Happy active employed men is what a woman wants.
i met my fiancee on a dating site so it does work but from my experience it is just a numbers game. you have to send out 20 messages to get one reply. so what i did is compose a good letter on a word processor then copy and paste it to all the women i had saved as favourites. the difference in response was amazing. just see it from the woman's point of view, they want someone who sounds interesting and willing to be open about what they want. All this hi how are you today is a waste of time. you have got to be willing to put in the hours and try to get to the point where you speak on the phone asap.
Heya-





I met my husband to-be through a dating site so it does actually work! he had been on the internet longer than me and he said that a lot of women did that. I think perhaps there are a lot of women on dating sites that are on for a bit of 'fun flirting' or some that have been hurt and very fragile, they can be scared off very easily.





When i started talking to my man..he was really calm and cool...at first he said 'hello, my name is Andrew, how are you.' That was good because it was light and friendly and the how are you opened it up for a reply....the secret is keep each message quite short, but put something in it that will provoke a reply and keep them interested..Long messages i always thought seemed desperate. Don't give too much away too soon....





good luck...it worked for me!
I'd use eHarmony.com, because those people aren't there to fart around %26amp; play games, they're there to find someone. eHarmony is pricey, so people looking merely for a date on Saturday night would most likely not use eHarmony. Those who seek are willing to pay because they're serious about finding someone.
It really depends how serious both parties are. there are far too many people out there just messing around and leading people on...both male and female. From my experience it all came down to a little luck and a little trust. I replied to a lady who contacted me, it turned out she'd done some pretty agressive sifting of potential dates before contacting me, I just tried to be myself...not too over the top. I let her dictate the pace of the e-mails and only suggested a meeting after best part of a month. I insisted that she choose the when and where so she was in control of thge situation but it went really well. We met three years ago and celebrated our first wedding anniversary earlier this month !

No comments:

Post a Comment