Monday, August 23, 2010

Older people r always giving us advice or telling us what 2 do. What advice would u like to give older people

I usually ask them for advice, except on the rare occasion an older person asks me for advice, and that is usually on computers or on gift ideas for a child or grandchild (what do young people like these days?)





Did an older people ask you for advice? About what?Older people r always giving us advice or telling us what 2 do. What advice would u like to give older people
As an older person I would like to remind other older people to enjoy every day; they're growing few.Older people r always giving us advice or telling us what 2 do. What advice would u like to give older people
To ';older'; people:





Try to remember your adolescent and early adulthood years. When you think you have a clear picture of that, add every imaginable evil to your world. Then try to imagine how you would handle the temptations and peer pressure in those situations. Once you have a clear picture of this, SPEAK UP!





I have come to realize that my children, ages 9-21 are going through exponentially more than even I did as a young person, and that I went through exponentially more than my parents went through.





Older People: Always strive to help our children cope! Don't claim not to understand young people. Work towards getting values back to the way they were in your time! - God Bless!
As a 'senior', I think I can answer this. Sometimes the 'advice' that an older person gives, is'nt advice at all, just a sharing of experiences of his or her life, and how that person handled those experiences. GETTING OLD is a process that includes lots of 'ups' and 'downs', but BEING OLD does'nt give license to being obnoxious and rude. ( though you might want to cut some slack to Granny.)
I'm on the fence on this question. I believe that older people give us advice because they've been there and done that. We tend to take advice wrong because we (as youngins) think we know everything. I never thought my mother knew what she was talking about. I hated everthing she told me. Then I got to an age when (bam!) I was like ';wow, mom was right about everything.'; Appreciate their wisdom. One day we will all be books full with knowledge and dying to share. Hopefully we'll find a young person like me that wants to listen, understand and apprectiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment