Monday, August 23, 2010

Married people only: Any advice to singles trying to find their ';true love';?

Preferrably the ones who are happily married.





How did you know that was the right person for you? What are some things you saw in them that made them different from others that that's why you married them? Pls, give me advice, what to do, what not to do ... Thanks.Married people only: Any advice to singles trying to find their ';true love';?
I`ve been married 14 yrs. this May. I think it has to do with how your personalities mesh. We are very comfortable around each other. It also has to do with respect. If you`ve set boundaries, do they respect them? Do you respect theirs? There`s no one answer to your question, you don`t want to be too picky, but you also don`t want to settle. You don`t want to be selfish, but you don`t want to be a doormat. If you meet someone, don`t leap in, long engagements are good.Married people only: Any advice to singles trying to find their ';true love';?
My belief is you should be friends with the person you choose to marry. My first husband and I were not friends, it was just a physical attraction and it only lasted 13 years of being together and 8 of those 13 I was married to him. Now my new husband and I have so much in common. He is fun to be with and I don't get bored being around him.
The day I met my husband I just looked into his eyes %26amp; I said to myself.....You are the one I will marry! Later that day he kissed me, I saw fire works, %26amp; I just knew right then %26amp; there he was the one!





How do you know you'll meet the right one? You just know it! I had asked my mother the same thing before she died %26amp; she told me, ';You'll know it when you see him'; She was 100% right!





Advice? BE YOURSELF!!! DON';T try to be someone your not! ALSO...............DON'T live together, i've seen too many of my friends marrages break up because they lived together before marriage, (of course this IS my own opinion) my hubby asked me if we could live together before marriage I told him NO, I said if you really %26amp; truly want me to be your wife, you'll wait for me %26amp; i'll do the same! We are now going on 7 years of marriage!
Dos:


1. Set your standards and qualifications.


2. Get to know the person and his family.


3. Go dating with the guy(preferably group dating with older person's supervision if you're not matured enough).


4. Only decide to make him your BF when you think he passed the standards and qualifications that you have set. This doesn't mean that he needs to attain a 100% score. You will have to set your own rating system to determine his real score. Remember: No one is PERFECT!!





Don'ts:


1. Deciding to make him your BF just because you think or feel that you love him. You need to study your feelings and think it over. Also, you need to study the guy.


2. Don't tell him your standards and qualifications. Keep it secret until you have finally judged him so that he cannot cheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment