Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need to stop people from being able to look through my garage window by painting it... advice?

The windows on my seperate garage are rubbish but i cannot afford to replace them as I have just moved, I have a friend in the window business and he told me to paint over them with black paint.





Is there any paint that lets me still be able to look out but not them look in? (one way paint?)





Is there a special paint I need for windows? (my friend said not but I am just checking)I need to stop people from being able to look through my garage window by painting it... advice?
I found some ';Liquid Glass'; at Lowe's. In the glass section, not paint. Painting the glass on the inside provided me with the knowledge that I could see what's outside, although distorted. You couldn't look in. From the outside, it looks something like it does when ice forms on glass . Pretty cool, actually. Hope this helps.I need to stop people from being able to look through my garage window by painting it... advice?
Im not sure about painting on glass, I think it would make it hard to see into your garage, but also hard to see out too. What about buying that plastic film you get for car windows to cover the back windows to hide what you are storing in the car. I think its called 'privacy film'. You wet the window with soapy water and slide the film on to the glass, squeezing out air bubbles. When in dries the film is securely stuck on the glass inside. Maybe worth a try? XX
get a solar screen for the window. it looks sort of like a regular screen but much thicker and more dense. during the day time you can easily see out be no one can see in from the outside. at night with the lights on people will be able to see in but you can fix that with a simple draw shade.


the solar screen can be purchased in roles from the hardware store. just cut it to size and staple it. or if you want to get fancy build a simple wood frame and attach it to the door. the draw shade can go on the inside or you can just tack a piece of canvas or black sheet over it.
Why do you want to look out at the view? Concentrate on whatever job you are doing on in there!





Seriously though, black paint might prove hard to remove. Get a roll of lining paper and some wallpaper paste. It will be just as opaque to outsiders, and a lot easier to remove if you ever want to.
You could get some tinting sheets at an automotive store. Tinting is available in different shades, and the darker ones will accomplish what you hope for - during daytime. When it's dark outside and you have lights on inside, people will still be able to see in.
lol, no such thing as one-way paint. Why don't you just hang some inexpensive short curtains? You can see out when you want to, close them when you don't.
just get two hooks drill who holes in the wall place the hooks in with rawl plugs hang a bit of bamboo and some key rings place them threw an old towel cut in half and you have some cheap surtians lol goold luck
limo tint from auto parts store its cheap and easy to install looks like a mirror from outside and just dark tint from inside
I would get some sticky plastic film to stick over the glass to obscure the view.
I suggest you buy some vinyl that is has a frosted look. It will probably be easier and also allow some light in.
Reflective tint maybe?
  • facebooks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment