Thursday, August 19, 2010

Buying my first car.... need some advice from people who know a lot about cars?

I am 17, soon to be 18, and I am looking at buying my first car.





I live in Australia and my budget is around $4500 AUD.





I am a female, and would like a smaller car. It has to have four doors, and be an automatic.





Things I would really like it to have are;


Central locking


Power windows


CD player (although I can have one installed, but I'd prefer the car to have one)


Air conditioning


Power steering


Less than 150,000 KM





The cars I have been looking at are:


Hyundai excel (4 dr auto, 1998 model)


Ford festiva (4 dr auto, 1997 model)


Kia rio (4 dr, auto.... not sure of years that are good??)


Daewoo nubira (4 dr, auto, 1996 model)


Nissan pulsar (4 dr, auto, 1997 model)





What do you guys think?Buying my first car.... need some advice from people who know a lot about cars?
of the choices you give your best bet is none of them.





car quality has improved over the years and you can get a hyundai or a kia that is less than 10 years old and twice the reliability of the cars you mention.





keep in mind that the older the car is the harder it is to get parts and the closer it is to having more of the most essential parts of the car wear out and need replacing.





daewoo is no longer made


ford festiva was an experiment that went bad


kia rio was the beginning car for kia and its been improved on since.


nissan pulsar is hard to find parts for





personally , i would keep looking and get a car that is


no older than 2003. You can do it easily with the money you have.





i work for a multiple car brand dealership so i know what i sayBuying my first car.... need some advice from people who know a lot about cars?
something from your list, I would say stay with Nissan, It is a Japan made cars and their engines will last you forever and dont break that much, ford festiva would be my last choice, My dad owned and a festiva before and I wanted to blow it up, I hated so much, he got rid off it in like a month anyways..
dO NoT bUY OLd cArS cUz ThEy SuCk. G3t M0R3 moNeY aNd buY A nEw cAr (bMw, LeXus, InFinItI, AUdi, or aCuR4)
haha. those are all poor cars. why don't you get a job and get a nice car.
get the ford
The first time syndrome is what it is.


We cannot answer all the questions.


Say buying a cheap new car as oppose to a fancier pre-owned car


Financially the “new” car depreciation is very high compared to pre-owned.


The cost of ownership is like a bathtub shape. It starts with a $ value, decays with time, stays flat and low for a good while and the cost starts to rise again as the car gets older because of repairs.





New cars are less likely to fail, although no guarantee!


To pay a loan at the bank it is very quick and fast


To pay the same amount to the repair of the car takes lots of time, and is somewhat frustrating.


Overall it is drastically less expensive to buy an older fancier car.





Hope this properly answers your question





Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment