Thursday, August 19, 2010

Am i a bad father? need advice serious people please?

Ok so me and my gf have a 6 month old daughter.I'm 18 she 17 and I have her all day 3 days a week. And in those 3 days I'm with her all day by myself because my gf works and goes to school on those days so she gone all day. But when she is not there I get very impatient a lot easier and I love my daughter like for reals. But its just hard for me to be with her all day long. But the other days when my gf is around i,m alright with it. I have no problem with being there all day. I don't know if its me or what. My gf tells me its because I'm a bad dad. And. I don't wanna be bad father so if that's the case I wanna know to change that.Am i a bad father? need advice serious people please?
no, you're not a bad father at all! its very brave of you and your girlfriend to look after a baby at such young ages. you should probably get in touch with alocal support group for young parents where you and your daughter could go and both meet other people like you and get support. you can find out about these places at your local surgery!





good luck, and I admire you and your girlfriend alot!Am i a bad father? need advice serious people please?
From what you say here you are in no way a bad father. Men seem to have that ';Not so comfortable'; feeling with babies. That don't make you a bad parent. I am going to assume that with your ages you went Thur parenting classes. They do have refresher classes you and your daughter can take. You obviously know how to take care of your daughter when your girl friend is around Or is it because she takes care of the baby when she is there? You can do this. Good Luck
Well, my fiance has the same problem but definately not because he is a bad father. A little baby is a lot of work and sometimes scary. I think its probably normal to feel that way especially for a man, cause men don't always have that soft side that babies need. You are more comfortable with her there because you have back up. It will all get better with time, and by the way, your gf should not be telling you that you are a bad father.
first your not a bad dad, a bad dad wouldn't have left the moment he found out hsi gf was pregnent. but you stuck around so your a good dad. you 18 your gonna be a impatient with baby. NO ONE can help it. with time you'll get better. my sis and her husband are in there late 20's and they get impatient all the time with there daughter. the ONLY way you could be a bad father would be to not raise her right. dont worry, give it time
I think you're being a good dad by asking this question, but, honestly, you should really hire a nanny because they really know what to do because it's their profession. I'd stick with that until you and your gf are in your twenties, only because I think yall are a tad bit too young ;) You could stop saying stuff like ';for reals'; too haha... try to set an EXAMPLE for your daughter. And if you don't have a job- GET ONE!
If l was your Mum l'd be bustin' with pride, well l know that for sure cos' my son was 18 when he became a Dad n' he was a good one. You need things to do with your little one. Have you a local swimming club for parents and babies? Or any clubs for that matter. lt's too easy to get isolated with a little one if you don't make the effort to get out there and enjoy the time you have, it's precious.
you will learn to handle all of the problems of child care and as your daughter get older you will have it easier


My problem is that you are two teenagers living together and not married.


there are many benefits about marriage and your daughter is the center point of them
ur not a bad father u just became one a little early she is only 6 months old give it time u will get used to it enjoy her start finding places that u can take her and have fun with her i promise it will help
ok chill just act normal and act like you are very important thats what i do when i babysit!
your not really a bad father it's just that you need to learn how to spend time with your child that's all
I don't think you're a bad father, I just think you are young and it takes a lot of patience from a person of any age to be with a 6 month old baby all day long. You have to give them your undivided attention. You are a pretty new Dad so just practice patience, count to 10, or just look at your child and think about what a miracle it is that this child is a part of you. That should make everything a little easier. I give you a lot of credit for spending 3 days a week with her and being there for your girl and the baby. A lot of guys would be doing their own thing and putting all the responsibility onto the childs mother. Hang in there, I think you're doing fine and should be proud. Your girlfriend should feel blessed to have a guy that is there for her %26amp; cares enough to spend time with the baby.
w0w how stupid just suck it up it your and gf problems for having sex at young age. Now your daughter has to go trough that every day of her life. Maybe because your a teenager and have hormones,and you want to go do something but you can't cause you got your GF pregnant and 16. what a loser. You are a horrible dad.


Edit: at least you care about you daughter





EDIT::: i am sorry what I wrote about you look i am guessing that you don't want to be come a teenage parent at this age. Why don't you try spending time with her? You get impatient beucase your young and these just happen. You must really care for her. and that is really sweet. Try going to swimming pool and teaching her how to swim. And the older she gets, you can be the one to teach how to ride a bike. And when gf calls you that is its just the pressure from having a kid at that age. Don't take hard. Spend Time with your daughter and take lots of pictures. Trust me i turning 16 soon and my dad is upset that his little girl is growing up.And its hard for both on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment